Richardville HouseThe Chief Jean Baptiste de Richardville House
was built near Fort Wayne, Indiana
. Subsidized by the U.S. federal government through the 1826
Treaty of Mississinwas, it is believed to be the only treaty house east of the Mississippi River
Chief Richardville signed several treaties With the United States government as it negotiated with the Miami tribe for its eventual removal as a recognized nation.
The Richardville House architecture reflects both Greek Revival and Federalist styles.
The Allen County-FortWayne Historical Society acquired the house in 1991 with money donated by the Foellinger and the Ropchan Foundations.