is an abbreviation of regular expression
Regex is a C regular expression library written by Henry Spencer. Later versions support
the POSIX standardized regular expressions.
Regex is now found in various places:
- Bundled with application such as Apache.
- Default regular expression implementation in BSD Unix.
- ftp://ftp.zoo.toronto.edu/pub/regex.shar - a shar archive, released by Henry Spencer in 1999.
- http://arglist.com/regex/ -- a repackaged version for Unix systems.
- Other sites around the Internet have ports or compiled code for other systems such as Windows.
- Tcl includes a rewritten regular expression library by Henry Spencer.
The GNU project has in the past published a package named Regex: this code may now be in the GNU C Library.