is a town located in Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area, Alaska
. As of the 2000
census, the population of the town is 45.
Geography\nRampart is located at 65°30'26" North, 150°8'55" West (65.507350, -150.148496)1
According to the United States Census Bureau
, the town has a total area of 437.2 km²
). 437.2 km² (168.8 mi²) of it is land and none of it is covered by water.
Demographics\nAs of the census2
, there are 45 people, 20 households, and 10 families residing in the town. The population density
is 0.1/km² (0.3/mi²). There are 46 housing units at an average density of 0.1/km² (0.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the town is 6.67% White
, 0.00% Black
or African American
, 88.89% Native American
, 0.00% Asian
, 0.00% Pacific Islander
, 2.22% from other races
, and 2.22% from two or more races. 0.00% of the population are Hispanic
of any race.
There are 20 households out of which 40.0% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 30.0% are married couples living together, 20.0% have a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% are non-families. 35.0% of all households are made up of individuals and 15.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.25 and the average family size is 2.90.
In the town the population is spread out with 28.9% under the age of 18, 4.4% from 18 to 24, 37.8% from 25 to 44, 20.0% from 45 to 64, and 8.9% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 34 years. For every 100 females there are 114.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 113.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town is $22,813, and the median income for a family is $23,438. Males have a median income of $53,750 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the town is $12,438. 17.9% of the population and 18.2% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 18.2% are under the age of 18 and 0.0% are 65 or older.