The Quarrying of stone in Quorn began at a very early age at Buddon Wood, on the edge of the parish. Granite millstones were quarried in the early Iron Age, and under the Romans stone was quarried for building in Leicester. Some of the larger millstones can still be seen in the area, however these days they are either used as garden ornaments, or worked into seats or slabs.
The first known evidence of the village is in the Lincoln Episcopal Registers for 1209-35, as Quernendon. Other variations of the village name over the centuries include; Querne, Querne, Quendon, Querendon, Quarendon, Qaryndon, Querinden, Querondon and Quernedon.
For further details on the village of Quorndon: http://www.thequorndon.com