- Questions should flow logically from one to the next.
- The researcher must ensure that the answer to a question is not influenced by previous questions.
- Questions should flow from the more general to the more specific.
- Questions should flow from the least sensitive to the most sensitive.
- Questions should flow from factual and behavioural questions to attitudinal and opinion questions.
- Questions should flow from unaided to aided questions
- According to the three stage theory (also called the sandwich theory), initial questions should be screening and rapport questions. Then in the second stage you ask all the product specific questions. In the last stage you ask demographic questions.
Lists of related topics