is a city located in Bethel Census Area, Alaska
. As of the 2000
census, the population of the city is 41.
Geography\nPlatinum is located at 59°0'25" North, 161°48'55" West (59.006890, -161.815290)1
According to the United States Census Bureau
, the city has a total area of 115.8 km²
). 115.6 km² (44.6 mi²) of it is land and 0.2 km² (0.1 mi²) of it is water. The total area is 0.16% water.
Demographics\nAs of the census2
, there are 41 people, 17 households, and 9 families residing in the city. The population density
is 0.4/km² (0.9/mi²). There are 26 housing units at an average density of 0.2/km² (0.6/mi²). The racial makeup of the city is 7.32% White
, 0.00% Black
or African American
, 90.24% Native American
, 0.00% Asian
, 0.00% Pacific Islander
, 0.00% from other races
, and 2.44% from two or more races. 0.00% of the population are Hispanic
of any race.
There are 17 households out of which 47.1% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.4% are married couples living together, 11.8% have a female householder with no husband present, and 41.2% are non-families. 41.2% of all households are made up of individuals and 0.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.41 and the average family size is 2.90.
In the city the population is spread out with 26.8% under the age of 18, 2.4% from 18 to 24, 43.9% from 25 to 44, 17.1% from 45 to 64, and 9.8% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 32 years. For every 100 females there are 105.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 130.8 males.
The median income for a household in the city is $21,250, and the median income for a family is $22,500. Males have a median income of $0 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the city is $7,632. 22.0% of the population and 33.3% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 33.3% are under the age of 18 and 0.0% are 65 or older.