Oakland International AirportOakland International Airport
is located in Oakland, California
and serves the San Francisco Bay Area
metro region. Its IATA airport code
. The airport serves numerous destinations in the United States
, as well as Mexico
The San Francisco Bay Area has three international airports. Oakland International has proven a popular alternative to the increasingly crowded San Francisco International Airport. Oakland International is popular with low cost airlines.
Oakland International is connected to the Bay Area Rapid Transit system via the Coliseum/Oakland Airport station and a shuttle bus connection on Air-BART.
Oakland International Airport has two terminals.
- Alaska Airlines (Seattle)
- Allegro Airlines (Guadalajara, Leon, Los Cabos, Tijuana, Toluca)
- America West Airlines (Phoenix)
- American Airlines (Dallas)
- Atlantic Southeast Airlines dba Delta Connection (Dallas, Salt Lake City)
- Continental Airlines (Houston-Bush, Newark)
- Delta Air Lines (Atlanta)
- JetBlue (Long Beach, New York-JFK, Washington-Dulles)
- Mexicana (Guadalajara, Leon, Zacatecas)
- Skywest dba Delta Connection (Salt Lake City)
- Skywest dba United Express (Los Angeles)
- Suntrips (Cancun, Honolulu, Kahului, Kauai, Kona, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta)
- United Airlines (Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Los Angeles, Washington-Dulles)