is a death metal
band from South Carolina
Their music is influenced by Ancient Egyptian mysticism
Nile's music is mostly written by founding member and guitarist Karl Sanders. It combines traditional death metal with elements of Middle Eastern music, incorporating traditional Egyptian instruments into some of the songs. Nile's music is also characterized by its extreme complexity and speed, for which the band has received acknowledgement from many music fans and journalists.
The lyrical content is based on Karl Sanders' interest in Egyptology. Lengthy sleeve notes are included with both the Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines albums, explaining the inspiration or source for the lyrics of each song. Also, some of the songs are based on the fictional work of the writer H.P. Lovecraft, who has also inspired many other bands.
- Festivals Of Atonement (Karl Sanders - Guitar/Chief Spires - Bass/Pete Hammoura - Drums)
- Ramses Bringer Of War
- Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka (Relapse) (Karl Sanders - Guitar/Dallas Toler-Wade - Guitar/Chief Spires - Bass/Pete Hammoura - Drums) (1998)
- Black Seeds Of Vengeance (Relapse) (Karl Sanders - Guitar/Dallas Toler-Wade - Guitar/Chief Spires - Bass/Pete Hammoura - Drums/Derek Roddy - Additional Drums) (2000)
- In The Beginning... (Ramses... + Festivals... reissue) (Relapse - (Underground series)) (2001)
- In Their Darkened Shrines (Relapse) (Karl Sanders - Guitar/Dallas Toler-Wade - Guitar/Jon Vesano - Bass/Tony Laureno - Drums) (2002)