Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

New Rome, Ohio

New Rome is a village located in Franklin County, Ohio. As of the 2000 census, the village had a total population of 60.


\nNew Rome is located at 39°57'6" North, 83°8'32" West (39.951589, -83.142253)
1. According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.1 km² (0.0 mi²). 0.1 km² (0.0 mi²) of it is land and none of the area is covered with water.


\nAs of the
census of 2000, there are 60 people, 27 households, and 14 families residing in the village. The population density is 772.2/km² (1,993.4/mi²). There are 27 housing units at an average density of 347.5/km² (897.0/mi²). The racial makeup of the village is 98.33% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Native American, 1.67% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.00% from other races, and 0.00% from two or more races. 5.00% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race. There are 27 households out of which 29.6% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.6% are married couples living together, 18.5% have a female householder with no husband present, and 48.1% are non-families. 40.7% of all households are made up of individuals and 0.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.22 and the average family size is 3.00. In the village the population is spread out with 30.0% under the age of 18, 3.3% from 18 to 24, 38.3% from 25 to 44, 23.3% from 45 to 64, and 5.0% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 34 years. For every 100 females there are 93.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 90.9 males. The median income for a household in the village is $19,583, and the median income for a family is $17,500. Males have a median income of $27,917 versus $11,500 for females. The per capita income for the village is $12,983. 18.5% of the population and 18.8% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 23.1% are under the age of 18 and 0.0% are 65 or older.