in respect of the occurences in Europe
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
- In 1866 a Mr. Schwarz founded in Vienna a marketing company for coffee and tea named "Mikado". The company was taken over in the 1960s from Arabia that was also taken over from the Julius Meinl company and the label "Mikado" was ceased because the name was broadly associated with the pick-up sticks game.
- some European Japanese-Import-Export companys were named "Mikado" in the 19th century.
- A paper company Brauns still produces a coloring paper for easter eggs named "Mikado".
- between railroadmen this term was used for special gray loden coats for bad weather.
- The "Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd." an asian food company produces eatable chocolate "Mikado" sticks, decorated with Japanese symbols (flag, fuji mountain).