1 cup chickpeas
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 onion(finely chopped)
1 tomato(medium chopped)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1.5 teaspoon Madras curry powder
0.25 teaspoon garam masala
0.25 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
Salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
2. Pressure cook the chickpeas till its boiled(3 whistles).
3. In a cooking vessel pour the cooking oil and heat it.
4. Add the onions and saute till its golden brown.
5. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and Madras curry powder.
6. After this add the tomatoes, ginger and garlic paste and stir for approx 1 min.
7. Now add the boiled chickpeas and some water.
8. Add salt to taste.Cook for approx 10 minutes on a medium flame.
9.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapattis or paratha