are a type of fish-like creature that can breathe air, and have limb-like appendages instead of fins.
Lungfish are generally believed to have evolved from other fish early, and their taxonomy is still in flux; some authors put all lungfishes in a subclass Dipnoi. However, there seems to be agreement that there are two orders.
- Family Ceratodontidae, genus Neoceratodus:
- Australian lungfish Neoceratodus forsteri
- Family Lepidosirenidae, genus Lepidosiren:
- South American lungfish Lepidosiren paradoxa
- Family Protopteridae, genus Protopterus:
- Marbled lungfish Protopterus aethiopicus
- East African lungfish Protopterus amphibius
- African lungfish Protopterus annectens
- Slender lungfish Protopterus dolloi
Lungfish is also a musical band.