Lizard (comics)The Lizard
is a comic book supervillain
in the Marvel Comics universe
, and an enemy of Spider-Man
The Lizard is the alter-ego Dr. Curt Conners, of a human scientist whose fields of expertise encompass both herpetology and gene therapy.
Conners, whose right arm had been amputated, hoped to find a way to regenerate the lost or damaged limbs of disabled people. To this end, he studied the regenerative nature of reptiles and amphibians. He developed a radically advanced form of therapy which could reproduce these regenerative ablities in humans and began to use this therapy in experiments. Unfortunately, Conners was contaminated by his own serum and physically transformed into a bipedal, sentient lizard.
As "The Lizard" Conners became a threat to humanity, with an insane determination to wipe out the human race and replace its population with reptiles. The Lizard is extremely strong, can scale walls much like Spider-Man, has a powerful tail, and can communicate and command reptiles with limited telepathy. The Lizard is, however, not as intelligent as the human Conners, and like other reptiles is sensitive to cold.
Eventually defeated by Spider-Man and returned to his benevolent human self, Conners still transforms back into the evil Lizard to plague the web-slinger every now and then.
- Name: Curtis Conners
- Height: 5' 11"
- Weight: 175 lbs.
- Eyes: (as Conners) Blue, (as Lizard) Red
- Hair: (as Conners) Brown, (as Lizard) None
- Other features: When transformed into the Lizard, Curt Conners becomes a humanoid reptile, complete with green scales and tail.
- Intelligence: (Conners) Gifted; (Lizard) Non-sentient, formerly normal
- Strength: (Lizard) Superhuman Class 10
- Speed: (Lizard) Superhuman
- Stamina: (Lizard) Superhuman
- Durability: (Lizard) Metahuman regenerative
- Agility: (Lizard) Superhuman
- Reflexes: (Lizard) Superhuman
- Note: All physical abilities in the human (Conners form) are normal.
- Superhuman physical powers: Ability to scale sheer surfaces. Superhuman strength in tail. Limited telepathinc ability to mentally communicate and command reptiles.
- Special limitations: The Lizard, being exothermic, is sensitive to cold envirenments.
- Origin of superhuman powers: Mutagenic chemical