Lionel HutzLionel Hutz
is a fictional character on The Simpsons
television show. He is an inept ambulance chaser that the Simpsons keep hiring as their lawyer (a fact remarked on by Marge
in a typically self-aware aside). Lionel Hutz was one of the Simpsons characters voiced by Phil Hartman
. The character ceased appearing in new episodes once Hartman died in 1998
. Lionel Hutz works for "I Can't Believe It's A Law Firm".
In one episode he also turns his hand to selling real estate.
Some examples of Hutzisms:
- Hutz: Wow - these books behind me don't just look good - they're filled with useful legal tidbits!
- Hutz: Your honor, I call for a, uh, bad court thingey.
- Judge: You mean a mistrial?
- Hutz: Right. That's why you're the judge and I'm the, uh, law talking guy.
- Judge: Mr. Hutz we've been in here for four hours. Do you have any evidence at all?
- Hutz: Well, Your Honor. We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.
- Hutz: Thank you, Dr. Hibbert.... I rest my case.
- Judge: You rest your case?!
- Hutz: What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech.
Miguel Sanchez was what Lionel Hutz renamed himself as, following some trouble which prompted him to change his identity. At the time of this change of identity, he was babysitting the Simpson children: Bart, Maggie and Lisa. It is unclear how long he keeps this identity and whether or not he returns to the old one.
See: Characters from The Simpsons