Liberal Democratic Party of Russia
The Liberal Democratic Party of Russia
is an extreme right-wing political party in Russia
. It has been led by Vladimir Zhirinovsky
since its founding in 1990
, as the Liberal Democratic Party of the Soviet Union.
Policies include the re-annexation of the Soviet Republics, defaulting on all external loans , and the abolition of Russia's federal system in place of 15 provinces with appointed governors.
- 1991 presidential elections - 8%
- 1993 Duma elections - 23%
- 1995 Duma elections - 11%
- 1996 presidential elections - 6%
- 1999 Duma elections - 6% (it contested them as the 'Zhirinosvky Bloc')
- 2003 Duma elections - 12%