An industrial/techno music group, formed 1980 in Trbovlje, Slovenia, Laibach represents the music wing of the Neue Slowenische Kunst art collective.
The name "Laibach" is a German form of Ljubljana.
They are notable for their cover version of the song "Life is Life" on the album Opus Dei, which completely changes the interpretation of the song from the original writers' intentions.
- Laibach (SKUC/Ropot, 1985),
- Nova Akropola (Cherry Red, 1985),
- Opus Dei (Mute Records, 1987),
- Let it Be (Mute Records, 1988),
- Macbeth (Mute Records, 1990),
- Sympathy for the Devil (Mute Records, 1990),
- Kapital (Mute Records, 1992),
- NATO (Mute Records, 1994),
- Jesus Christ Superstar (The Grey Area/Mute Records, 1996),
- WAT (Mute Records, 2003).