L-Innu Malti is the national anthem of Malta. It was written by Dun Karm Psaila, the Maltese national poet, and composed by Robert Sammut. It was first played on February 3, 1923, and was declared to be the official Anthem of Malta in 1945.
- Lil din l-art ħelwa, l-Omm li tatna isimha,
- Ħares, Mulej, kif dejjem Int ħarist:
- Ftakar li lilha bl-oħla dawl libbist.
- Agħti, kbir Alla, id-dehen lil min jaħkimha,
- Rodd il-ħniena lis-sid, saħħa 'l-ħaddiem:
- Seddaq il-għaqda fil-Maltin u s-sliem.
Lyrics of L-Innu Malti, translated to English:
- This Motherland so dear whose name we bear!
- Guard her, O Lord, as ever Thou hast guarded!
- Keep her in mind, whom Thou hast made so fair!
- May he who rules, for wisdom be regarded!
- In master mercy, strength in man increase!
- Confirm us all, in unity and peace!