Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

Kenneth E. Hagin

Rev. Hagin was born August 20, 1917 and was in the ministry for nearly 70 years from the time that he claimed "God miraculously healed him of a deformed heart and an incurable blood disease at the age of 17". He also claimed that "he was raised from a deathbed in 1934 by the revelation of faith in God’s Word".

Known as the “father of the modern faith movement,” Rev. Hagin was a dynamic preacher, teacher, and prophet known for ministering healing and for the message of faith.

Since its inception, Kenneth Hagin Ministries has expanded to include numerous media outreaches and ministries. These include Faith Library Publications, which has more than 65 million books in print; RHEMA Praise, a weekly television program; Faith Seminar of the Air, a radio program which is heard on scores of stations nationwide and on the Internet worldwide; The Word of Faith, a free monthly magazine with nearly 250,000 subscribers; crusades conducted throughout the nation; RHEMA Correspondence Bible School; and the RHEMA Prayer and Healing Center.

In 1979, he founded the Prayer and Healing Center to provide a place where the sick could come and have the opportunity to build their faith. Healing School continues to be held free of charge twice daily on the RHEMA campus.

In 1974, Rev. Hagin founded RHEMA Bible Training Center USA, which has 23,000 alumni. There are RHEMA Bible Training Centers in 13 other nations of the world: Austria, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Romania, Samoa, Singapore, South Africa, and Thailand.

On Saturday evening September 13 2003, Reverend Hagin went to bed feeling well. Sunday morning, he woke up and prepared for the day. Friends came over and cooked breakfast for he and his wife, Oretha. After finishing his breakfast, Rev. Hagin sat at the end of the table, smiled at Oretha, his wife, sighed, and his head fell to his chest.

He was quickly transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was admitted to the cardiac intensive care unit. He remained hospitalized with his family at his side until the time of his passing.