- John Brown (1800 - 1859) was the American abolitionist who raided Harper's Ferry.
- John Brown (1826 - 1883) was the Scottish servant of Queen Victoria.
- John Brown (1722 - 1787) was a Scottish clergyman and Biblical commentator.
- John Brown (1735 - 1788) was a Scottish physician who developed his own medical "system".
- John Brown (1757 - 1837), was a Representative and Senator to the US Congress.
- John Brown (died 1845) was an eloquent British evangelical preacher and Vicar of St. Mary's Leicester.
- John Brown (1810 - 1882) was a Scottish physician and essayist.
- John Brown (1816 - 1896) was the inventor of a process for rolling armour-plate, and founded the Atlas steelworks, Sheffield.
- John Brown is an American boxer who has tried, unsuccessfully, several times to become a world champion.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.