Joel is the name of several people in the Bible.
The name means Jehovah is his God.
Initial text from Easton's Bible Dictionary, 1897 -- Please update as needed
- The oldest of Samuel's two sons appointed by him as judges in Beersheba (1 Sam. 8:2).
- A descendant of Reuben (1 Chr. 5:4,8).
- One of David's famous warriors (1 Chr. 11:38).
- A Levite of the family of Gershom (1 Chr. 15:7, 11).
- 1 Chr. 7:3.
- 1 Chr. 27:20.
- The second of the twelve minor prophets and the author of the Book of Joel. He was the son of Pethuel. His personal history is only known from his book.