Jin Mao Building
The Jin Mao Building
is a high-rise building
in the Pudong
district of Shanghai
, People's Republic of China
It was designed by the Chicago office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and was completed in August 1998. It is 420.5 m high, with 88 levels, including 3 of basement. The building contains offices, stores and a hotel.
- Levels 3 through 50 are office spaces
- Levels 51 and 52 contain mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Levels 53 to 87 are occupied by the Grand Hyatt hotel.
- Levels 56 through 87 contain a 27-meter wide atrium, 142 meters tall, surrounded by 555 guest rooms and several restaurants.
- Level 86 is an exclusive club for entrepreneurs
- Level 87 is a restaurant with open-air seating
- Level 88 is a highest sightseeing level, which can accommodate over 1,000 people