There are several individuals by the name of James Stewart
The best-known James Stewart is the Hollywood actor of that name, better known as Jimmy Stewart.
An English film actor whose real name was James Stewart was obliged, by the actors' union, to change it, and became famous under the name, Stewart Granger.
In history, the name has been held by several members of the royal family of Scotland, including the kings:
- James I of Scotland
- James II of Scotland
- James III of Scotland
- James IV of Scotland
- James V of Scotland
- James VI of Scotland/James I of England
- James VII of Scotland/James II of England
Although the name of this royal family was historically spelled both Stewart
, the latter spelling is most common in contemporary usage.
Other James Stewarts:
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.
- James Stewart, the Black Knight of Lorn (~1383 - >1451)
- James Stewart, Earl of Moray (1531-1570)
- James Stewart, Earl of Arran (died 1595)
- James Francis Edward Stuart or Stewart (1688-1766 "The Old Pretender")
- James Stewart, 4th Duke of Lennox
- James Stewart, 1st Duke of Richmond