Hot Tasty Hot SauceHot Tasty Hot Sauce
This is somewhat an interpretive recipe, so you have to get a little creative. But creativity is what spawned it, and no two people come up with exactly the same sauce. Regardless, what results will be very hot, and very delicious provided you like hot sauce. If you don't, make Swiss pudding instead.
Usually I get 6 to 10 fluid ounces per batch.
- 1 to 5 cloves of Garlic, depending on size and taste
- Vinegar (any kind will do... apple, basalmic, red wine)
- Lime Juice (fresh, frozen, cocktail... you decide.)
- A squirt or three of Honey
- 10 or so Habanero peppers, destemmed
Your resulting sauce should be fairly thick, but contain only very small particles of peppers and garlic. If there are chunks bigger than grains of salt, keep blending until they are tiny.
- Mix all ingredients except peppers and honey in blender until you think you've got enough liquid. It doesn't matter how much of anything you use - just throw it all in. As a general rule though, your total liquid volume should be about the size of 3 or 4 peppers. It is important though, that you make sure it covers up to the middle of the blades your blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Add habaneros and pulse more, until they're fairly chopped up, still chunky.
- Add a squirt or three of honey, and blend for about 30 seconds.
Depending on how much you threw in, and how strong your taste buds are, this should make 50-200 servings.