is considering something a possible situation, combined with a desire
for it. It may vary from something minor to longlasting hope for something big.
- hoping to get some object, or a job, or to get rich
- hoping for oneself or somebody else to get cured
- hoping to meet somebody (again)
- hoping to catch a train
- being in love, hoping that this is reciprocal
- very general: hoping to get happy
- hoping for eternal life
considers the hope for eternal life to be a virtue because it glorifies God, and this glorification is said to be the only purpose of anything in the Universe. See also Virtue
Hope is the only spirit that remained in Pandora's Box (actually a jar) when all the evils where taken out and obviously Pandora let it out as well.
There are also some places named Hope:
Hope is also in use as an English surname. Celebrities with the name include Bob Hope.
The Hope Diamond is a famous blue diamond, supposed to be cursed. The "curse" is generally considered pseudoscience -- an urban legend.
There is also Hope programming language.