Hedgerley & DeanHedgerley & Dean
is a parish
in south Buckinghamshire
. It is comprised of the village
and the hamlet
. The parish is located two miles to the west of Gerrards Cross
, four miles south east of Beaconsfield
The village name 'Hedgerley' is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'Hycga's woodland clearing'. In manorial rolls in 1195 it was recorded as Huggeleg.
The hamlet name 'Dean' is a common one in England, and means 'valley'.
Originally separate places the village and hamlet have been linked since the Eighteenth century, and appear in most ecclesiastical records as the same place.