The Hearst Corporation
is a large privately-held media conglomerate based in New York City
. Founded by William Randolph Hearst
as an owner of newspapers
, the company's holding now include a wide variety of media. The Hearst family is involved in the ownership and management of the company.
A non-exhaustive list of its properties and investments includes:
Television and Cable (investments)
- Lifetime Television
Trustees of William Randolph Hearst's will (2003)
Under William Randolph Hearst's will, a common board of thirteen trustees, five family members and eight outsiders, administer the Hearst Foundation, the William Randolph Hearst Foundation, and the trust that owns (and selects the 21-member board of) the Hearst Corporation. The foundations shared ownership until tax law changed to prevent this. The present trustees are:
The trust dissolves when all grandchildren of William Randolph Hearst alive at his death have died.
- George Randolph Hearst Jr, chairman of Hearst Corporation and president of the Hearst Foundation
- Victor F. Ganzi, president and chief executive officer of the Corporation
- Frank A. Bennack Jr., vice chairman and longtime former president and chief executive of the Corporation
- William Randolph Hearst III, president of the William Randolph Hearst Foundation
- John Randolph Hearst Jr., an officer and director of the corporation
- Virginia Hearst Randt, daughter of late former chairman Randolph Apperson Hearst
- Anissa Bouadjakdji Balson, granddaughter of David Whitmire Hearst Sr.
- Richard E. Deems, former head of Hearst Magazines, now a consultant
- Gilbert C. Maurer, succeeded Deems as head of Hearst Magazines,then preceded Ganzi as executive vice president and chief operating officer under Bennack, now a consultant
- Raymond J. Petersen, longtime executive vice president of Hearst Magazines, retains title but largely inactive
- Mark F. Miller, executive vice president of Hearst Magazines
- John G. Conomikes, vice president of Corporation, oversees broadcast interests
- Harvey L. Lipton, lawyer and former vice president and Secretary of the Corporation