is a village
in the Unitary District of Milton Keynes
. It is located in the very north of the district, about seven miles west of Bedford
, five miles north east of Newport Pagnell
. Prior to the administrative boundary changes of 1995
it was in Buckinghamshire
The village name is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'Heoruwulf's meadow'. In the Domesday Book of 1086 it was called Herulfmede.