Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

Florida, Missouri

Florida is a village located in Monroe County, Missouri. As of the 2000 census, the village had a total population of 9.


According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.3 km² (0.1 mi²). None of the area is covered with water.


As of the census of 2000, there are 9 people, 4 households, and 2 families residing in the village. The population density is 34.7/km² (86.4/mi²). There are 21 housing units at an average density of 81.1/km² (201.7/mi²). The racial makeup of the village is 100.00% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Native American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.00% from other races, and 0.00% from two or more races. 0.00% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There are 4 households out of which 25.0% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 25.0% are married couples living together, 25.0% have a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% are non-families. 25.0% of all households are made up of individuals and 0.0% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.25 and the average family size is 3.00.

In the village the population is spread out with 22.2% under the age of 18, 22.2% from 18 to 24, 22.2% from 25 to 44, 11.1% from 45 to 64, and 22.2% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 30 years. For every 100 females there are 50.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 75.0 males.

Florida was the birthplace of writer Samuel Clemens.