Flavonoids are a group of chemical compounds naturally found in certain fruits, vegetables, teas, wines, nuts, seeds, and roots that are antioxidants.
Flavonoids are usually subdivided into 5 subgroups:
- Flavonols: Quercetin, Kaempferol, Myricetin, Isorhamnetin
- Flavones: Luteolin, Apigenin
- Flavonones: Hesperetin, Naringenin, Eriodictyol
- Flavan-3-ols: (+)-Catechin, (+)-Gallocatechin, (-)-Epicatechin, (-)-*Epigallocatechin, (-)-Epicatechin 3-gallate, (-)-Epigallocatechin 3-gallate, Theaflavin, Theaflavin 3-gallate, Theaflavin 3'-gallate, Theaflavin 3,3' digallate, Thearubigins
- Anthocyanidins: Cyanidin, Delphinidin, Malvidin, Pelargonidin, Peonidin, Petunidin
This is a stub.