Faculty of Dentistry, U of T
The Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Toronto
was founded by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in 1875
as the School of Dentistry
. Seven years earlier, in 1868
, the College had been given the dual responsibilities of licensing and dental education when the Province of Ontario
, in one of its first legislative actions, passed the "Act Respecting Dentistry".