The major road in the area is Lordship Lane, part of the South Circular Road. There is also an East Dulwich station on Grove Vale.
One area of East Dulwich is called Dulwich Plough. This was named after a pub, "The Plough" which had been there since 1830. The pub was taken over by Bass Taverns pub chain and in 1996 which changed its name to the Goose and Granite. Despite the efforts of a "Save Dulwich Plough" campaign the new name was kept. Dulwich Library, which opened
24 November 1897 is nearby.