David LodgeDavid Lodge
- ) is a British author whose novels often satirize academia in general, and the humanities
in particular. He taught English at the University of Birmingham
from 1960 until 1987.
His fictional locales include the town of "Rummidge", modeled after Birmingham where he currently resides, and the equally imaginary US state of "Euphoria", situated between the states of "North California" and "South California". Euphorias State University is located in the city of "Plotinus", right across the Bay from "Esseph".
Several of his books have been adapted into television series.
- The Picturegoers - 1960
- Ginger You're Barmy - 1962
- The British Museum Is Falling Down - 1965
- Out of the Shelter - 1970
- Changing Places - 1975
- How Far Can You Go - 1980
- Small World: An Academic Romance - 1984
- Nice Work - 1988
- Paradise News - 1991
- Therapy - 1995
- Home Truths - novella, 1999
- Thinks - 2001