Dar Pomorza - on the right
(on the left: Stad Amsterdam and Dar Mlodziezy)
In 1929 she was bought by the community of the Polish Pomerania for 7000 GBP, as the new training ship for the Polish Naval Academy in Gdynia. She was given a name Dar Pomorza meaning: the gift of Pomerania.
During the following years, she was used as the training ship, receiving a nick-name "White Frigate". In 1934-1935 she traveled around the world. During the World War II she was interned in Stockholm, after the war she returned to Poland.
In September 1981 she undertook her last race. On 4 August 1982 she was decomissioned and replaced by the Dar Młodzieży as a training ship. Since 27 May 1983 she has been a museum ship in Gdynia (next to the ORP Blyskawica).
Links (Polish language)