means deterioration, the breakdown from a functioning, ordered state.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix the link, so that it points to the appropriate page.
- Corruption is used, especially poetically, to describe the decomposition of biological matter.
- Political corruption or civil corruption is expressed through bribery, intimidation, extortion, vote buying, destabilization, or influence peddling.
- A corrupted society is a society with low moral values.
- A language or a text can be corrupted into a broken form or a different meaning.
- Parts of a machine can be corrupted, meaning broken.