Colin JamesColin James Munn
(born August 17
) is a Canadian
musician that primarily plays blues
but also has released some swing
albums. James was born in Regina, Saskatchewan
. While growing up, James taught guitar lessons on a local reserve and was also introduced to the sounds of Stevie Ray Vaughan
by his stepfather. James quit school in grade 10 and moved to Vancouver
. While trying to hook up with musicians there, he managed to open for Stevie Ray Vaughan for a show back in Regina. Vaughan was quite impressed with Colin's performance and subsequently took James on the road for several tour dates in the USA
Some of James's music critics have been perplexed by Colin's flip-flop between blues and swing. Some critics argue that James is not quite sure what he wants to do and thus his progression of materials in his albums are chaotic.
So far, James has released eight studio albums, one hits compilation CD, and has had a number of popular singles released.
- 1988 Colin James
- 1990 Sudden Stop
- 1993 Colin James & The Little Big Band
- 1995 Bad Habits
- 1995 Then Again (Best Of)
- 1997 National Steel (with Colin Linden)
- 1998 Colin James & The Little Big Band II
- 2000 Fuse
- 2003 Traveler
- 1987 "Five Long Years" (Independent)
- 1988 "Voodoo Thing"
- 1989 "Dream Of Satin"
- 1989 "Chicks And Cars And The Third World War"
- 1989 "Five Long Years" (released by Virgin Records)
- 1989 "Why'd You Lie"
- 1990 "Just Came Back", "Keep On Loving Me Baby", "If You Lean On Me", "T Stands For Trouble"
- 1992 "Love Thang"
- 1993 "Cadillac Baby", "Breakin' Up The House"
- 1994 "Surely (I Love You)"
- 1995 "Freedom", "Saviour"