, the term chip
has the following meanings:
- an integrated circuit (silicon die)
- more specifically, a microprocessor
- in satellite communications systems, the smallest element of data in an encoded signal.
- The most elemental component of a spread spectrum signal when it is decompressed in time; that is, the longest duration signal in which signal parameters are approximately constant..
- In micrographic and display systems, a relatively small and separate piece of microform that contains microimages and coded information for search, identification, and retrieval purposes.
Based on material from Federal Standard 1037C
See also french fries.