Chester Bennington\'Chester Bennington
' (born March 20
) is the vocalist of the rock/nu metal
band Linkin Park
. He was born in Phoenix, Arizona
. He is notable for producing loud and very high pitched vocals. Chester screams in most songs as well. He wears black horn rimmed glasses on occasion, and is short and lanky in appearance. His hair is of particular interest as it changes style and colour frequently.
Chester was formerly the lead vocalist in a band called Grey Daze, who were popular across Arizona and the United States, but didn't achieve global status.
He married his wife Samantha on Halloween at the age of 20, and because he was too poor to afford an actual wedding or engagement ring, the two of them have rings tattooed on their ring fingers. (Done before Pam and Tommy had theirs done) They have one child, a boy named Draven, born April 19th, 2002 at 1PM.
As of 8/03, Chester has 12 tattoos:
1. Upper Left Arm - (Pisces)
2. Upper Back - (Six arms spread out)
3. Lower Back - (Linkin Park lettering in old English)
4. Upper Right Arm - (Japanese Koi Fish)
5. Lower Left Calf - (Hybrid Theory Soldier)
6&7. Left and Right Arms - (flames)
8. Right Calf - (dragon)
9. Right Finger on Left Hand - (engagement band)
10. Pinkie Finger on Right Hand - (birthstone in gold ring)
11&12. Two dragons on his back on the left and right side.
"Tattoos exude pain and pleasure all at the same time." - Chester
In airports Chester has to take off all his metal spike bracelets,etc and he has a little bag or something that he arranges them all on. They must be in the same place every time.
Chester seems to have rather bad luck with getting sick on tour.
- On 8/8/01 during Ozzfest he was bitten by a recluse spider at a hotel in the Boston area. A portion of Bennington's arm swelled and he ran a fever, but he finished the whole tour. Most people require hospitalization after a recluse spider bite.
- Chester continues to struggle with a hiatal hernia, an ailment that forced Lp to cancel their show in Evansville, Indiana (April 11, 2003) due to the hiatal hernia.
- In 2003, Lp was forced to cancel their European tour in June due to a viral infection Chester developed. He was sent to intensive care at LA's Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre when he lost feeling in his body and collapsed.
Chester's Non-Linkin Park Songs
- (Title unknown) - DJ Lethal of Limp Bizkit
- (Title unknown) - The Visionaries
- Karma Killer - Cyclefly
- System - Written by Jonathan Davis of Korn