is a medium-sized town in the London Borough of Lewisham
, Greater London, England
. Located 6.5 imperial miles South-East of Trafalgar Square, Catford is covered by Postcode district SE6.
Catford has a small-medium size shopping centre including a Tesco supermarket, Iceland supermarket and a small covered market within Catford arcade. There are several traditional style public houses, many of which offer a range of good value traditional english food.
Catford town centre has few chain restaurants but boasts an interesting variety of privately held restaurants and cafes.
Catford is home to the Lewisham town hall and local government offices for the borough of Lewisham. The very ornate and busy Broadway theatre adjoins Catford town hall.
Catford is well connected for transport.
- 47 Catford Garage-Shoreditch
- 54 Elmer's End-Woolwich via Beckenham
- 75 West Croydon-Lewisham via Sydenham
- 124 Eltham-Catford via Mottingham, Grove Park and Torridon Road
- 136 Grove Park-Peckham via Goldsmith's College
- 138 Coney Hall-Catford via Bromley South and Downham
- 160 Catford Garage-Sidcup via Brownhill Road and Eltham.
- 171 Catford Garage-Aldwych via Brockley, Peckham and Waterloo
- 181 Downham-Lewisham via Bell Green and Hither Green
- 185 Lewisham-Victoria via Peckham
- 199 Catford Garage-Canada Water/Surrey Quays via Greenwich
- 202 Crystal Palace-Blackheath
- 208 Lewisham-Orpington
- 284 Lewisham-Grove park via Crofton Park and verdant lane
- Catford: London Blackfriars to Sevenoaks via Bromley South
- Catford Bridge: (London Charing Cross and Waterloo East) alternatively (London Cannon Street) to Hayes, Kent via New Beckenham.
Nearest railway stations:
- Catford railway station
- Catford Bridge railway station
- Hither Green railway station