Calvary Cemetery, Queens, New YorkCalvary Cemetery
is located in Woodside, Queens County, New York
, and is a very popular eternal dwelling place for mobsters and politicians.
Among those buried there are:
- Vito Bonventre (1875 - 1930), mobster
- Anthony Carfano (1898 - 1959), mobster ("Little Augie Pisano")
- Lorenzo da Ponte (1749 - 1838), opera librettist
- Tess Gardella (1897 - 1950), actress who played "Aunt Jemima"
- Tex Guinan (1884- 1933), actress and saloon-keeper
- Patsy Kelly (1910 - 1981), actress
- Thomas Luchese (1899 - 1967), mobster
- Alfred E. Smith (1873 - 1944), Governor of New York State and Presidential candidate
- Robert Wagner (1877 - 1953), US Senator from New York State
- Robert Wagner, Jr (1910 - 1991), Mayor of New York City
- Robert Wagner III (1944 - 1993), president of the New York City Board of Education, son of Mayor Robert Wagner, Jr., and grandson of Governor Robert Wagner.