Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

Black Hawk, Colorado

Black Hawk is a city located in Gilpin County, Colorado. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 118.


\nBlack Hawk is located at 39°48'11" North, 105°29'32" West (39.803149, -105.492265)
1. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.8 km² (1.5 mi²). 3.8 km² (1.5 mi²) of it is land and none of it is covered by water.


\nAs of the
census of 2000, there are 118 people, 54 households, and 28 families residing in the city. The population density is 31.2/km² (80.9/mi²). There are 79 housing units at an average density of 20.9/km² (54.2/mi²). The racial makeup of the city is 84.75% White, 3.39% African American, 0.85% Native American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 5.93% from other races, and 5.08% from two or more races. 10.17% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race. There are 54 households out of which 18.5% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.7% are married couples living together, 5.6% have a female householder with no husband present, and 46.3% are non-families. 33.3% of all households are made up of individuals and 9.3% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.19 and the average family size is 2.69. In the city the population is spread out with 17.8% under the age of 18, 5.9% from 18 to 24, 33.1% from 25 to 44, 34.7% from 45 to 64, and 8.5% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 41 years. For every 100 females there are 131.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 131.0 males. The median income for a household in the city is $44,583, and the median income for a family is $52,500. Males have a median income of $29,688 versus $20,833 for females. The per capita income for the city is $25,985. 0.0% of the population and 0.0% of families are below the poverty line.