Notable members of the Báthory family
- Stephen Báthory, 1477-1534, the father. Governor of Transylvania
- Stephen Báthory, 1533-1586, the youngest son of the father Stephen Báthory. Prince of Transylvania and afterwards King of Poland
- Christopher Báthory, 1530-1581, an elder brother of the Polish king Stephen Báthory. Prince of Transylvania.
- Sigismund Báthory, 1572-1613, son of Christopher. Prince of Transylvania.
- Andrew Cardinal Báthory, cousin of Sigismund. Prince of Transylvania.
- Gabriel Báthory, 1589–1613, a nephew of Andrew Cardinal. Prince of Transylvania.
- Elizabeth Báthory, August 7, 1560 - August 21, 1614, niece of the Polish King Stephen Báthory. Transylvanian countess and source of vampire myths.
- Sophia Báthory, d.1680, a niece of Gabriel Báthory, married to George II Rákóczy and hence united the two families. Promoted Eastern Orthodoxy within her domain.
Bathory is also the name of a Black/Viking band from Sweden, named after Elizabeth Báthory (see Bathory (band)).