Atlantis: The Lost EmpireAtlantis: The Lost Empire
(2001) is an animated sci-fi
mixed action movie
created by Walt Disney Pictures
, very loosely based on the anime
TV show Nadia
. It was written by Tab Murphy and directed by Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise. It is set in the year 1914
where an expedition crew goes off to find the lost city of Atlantis
Some viewers have noted similarities between the Milo character and motion picture language consultant Dr. Marc Okrand, who developed an "Atlantean language" for this movie.
On May 20th, 2003, Disney released a direct-to-video sequel for this movie called Atlantis: Milo's Return.
- Michael J. Fox - Milo James Thatch, a 32-year-old cartographer and linguist
- Cree Summer - Kidagakash "Kida" Nedakh, the 8,500-year-old princess of Atlantis
- Corey Burton - Gaetan "Mole" Moliére, a 39-year-old geologist
- Phil Morris - Dr. Joshua Strongbear Sweet, a 42-year-old medical officer
- James Garner - Lyle Tiberius Rourke, a 54-year-old army commander
- Claudia Christian - Helga Katrina Sinclair, Rourke's 30-year-old second-in-command
- Jacqueline Obradors - Audrey Rocio Ramirez, an 18-year-old mechanic
- Don Novello - Vincenzo "Vinny" Santorini, a 38-year-old demolitions expert
- Leonard Nimoy - King Kashekim Nedakh, Kida's 20,000-year-old father
- John Mahoney - Preston B. Whitmore, an old friend of Milo's grandfather
- Florence Stanley - Wilhelmina Bertha Packard, a 61-year-old communications expert
- Jim Varney - Jebidiah Allardyce "Cookie" Farnswoth, a 72-year-old cook
- David Ogden Stiers - Fenton Q. Harcourt, Milo's 58-year-old boss
Quotations (in English)
[Sweet throws a sleep mask to Milo.]
- Kida: "You do swim, do you not?"
- Milo: "I swim pretty girl - pretty good!"
- Kida: "Welcome to the city of Atlantis!"
- Milo: "Did you forget your pajamas, Mrs. Packard?"
- Packard: "I sleep in the nude."
- Sweet: "You're gonna need this. She sleep-walks."
- Vinny: "Hey look! I made a bridge! And it only took me what? 10 seconds?"
- Mole: "You sat in ze dirt!"
- King: "Save Atlantis, save...my daughter."
Quotations (in Atlantean)
- Atlantean Pilot #1: "NEE-puk! GWEE-sit TEE-rid MEH-gid-leh-men!" (You fool! You've destroyed us all!)
- Atlantean Pilot #2: "Shoam KOO-leh-beh-toat! LOO-den-tem WEE-luhg KAH-behr-seh-kem!" (It's gaining! We have to warn the city!)
- Atlantean Pilot #2 (cont'd): "Nahl YOH-deh-neh-toat!" (Too late! AAAAAAAGHHH!)
- Additional Pilots: "GWEE-sit khoab-DEH-sheh-toat! SOH-lesh-tem MOO-tih-lihm-kem!" (We're doomed! All is lost!)
- Kida: "MAH-tihm!" (Mother!) (x2)
- Kida: "Deh-GEEM, TAH-neb-toap. Way-DAH-go-sen NEH-bet behr-NOH-tib-mick." (Greetings, Your Highness. I have brought the visitors.)
- King: "MOAKH TAH-mar GWEE-sin puhn-NEB-leh-nen KEE-duh-toap. WEEL-tem neb GAH-moh-seh-toat deg DOO-weh-ren TEE-rid." (You know the law, Kida. No outsiders may see the city and live.)
- Kida: "TAHB-toap LOO-den NEH-bet kwahm GEH-soo BOH-geh-kem deg YAH-seh-ken GEH-soo-goan-tokh." (Father, these people may be able to help us.)
- King: "GWEES DOH-sep-tem SOH-bin kwahm AH-lih-teh-kem." (We do not need their help.)
- Kida: "Uhd TAHB-toap..." (But father...)
- King: "Puh-SEEL-leh-toat. TAH-ges DOH-tesh-tem neb YOO-teh-poan-kem." (That is enough. We will discuss this later.)
- Kida: "MOH-khit GWEH-noag-loh-nick!" (I will kill you for that!)
- Kida: "NEE-shen-toap AHD-luhn-tih-suhg KEH-loab-tem GAHB-rihn KAH-roak-lih-mihk bet gihm DEH-moat-tem net GEH-tuh-noh-sen-tem behr-NOAT-lih-mihk bet KAH-gihb LEH-wihd-yoakh." (Spirits of Atlantis, forgive me for defiling your chambers and bringing intruders into the land.)
- Kida: "SOH-lesh MAH-toh-noat MY-loh THATCH-toap. Kwahm TEH-red-seh-nen." (All will be well, Milo Thatch. Be not afraid.)